DailyDCU.com Presents: My Justice League of America
A while back, after writing THIS article, a reader e-mailed me and very simply asked me who I would put on my Justice League of America if I had a chance to assemble the team. I filed that idea away and decided to mull it over for a little while. Well, without further adieu here it is! My Justice League of America:
- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
- Wonder Woman
- Aquaman- I honestly feel that Aquaman is as important to the JLA as the Trinity. He is really the only person here bold enough to talk back to any of them, and that makes him invaluable.
- Martian Manhunter- I would utilize him the same way Dwayne McDuffie did on Justice League Unlimited; keeping J’onn behind the scenes coordinating the League and used in battle only in an emergency. I’ve always thought J’onn is just too damn powerful, personally, but his weakness is fire.
- The Flash (Wally West)- Wally lightens the mood the way no one else can and is a former sidekick who has the respect of the entire DCU.
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)- Wild card! Besides, who doesn’t love old man Ollie?
- Deadman- While he shouldn’t be a full time member, his powers are just too unique not to be recognized as a member. Why not have him floating around in case things get out of hand?
- Stargirl- I think Courtney is ready and could be a great addition to the JLA. There really is no character quite like her in comics.
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)- Honestly, Kyle is my favorite Green Lantern, and the JLA needs a Green Lantern.
- Bizarro- Surprised? I am in the camp that Bizarro isn’t evil, he’s misguided. He thinks he’s doing the right thing, but often puts others in danger. So why not put him in the League so he can learn how to do what’s right? He’s just too powerful to go unchecked. If he starts to get out of hand, Deadman or J’onn can take control of his body. I think he could make for a great addition.
- Steel (John Henry Irons)- Grant Morrison once stated he put Steel on his JLA because he wanted an Iron Man character for the team. I’m doing it for the exact same reason…
- Batman (Terry McGuiness)- That’s right, from Batman Beyond. So how could a Batman from the future be on a JLA from the past? These are comics we’re talking about, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! The interaction between Terry and present-day-Bruce alone would be worth the cover price.
- Zatanna- You love her. I love her. Who doesn’t love her?
So if you read this list and thought “These are just Bryan’s favorite DCU characters”, you’d be right. Damn right. However, when you do put them all together like this, it could make for a really bad-ass Justice League of America!